Apples are my autumn obsession. As a summer enthusiast, I often feel down at the end of August, wondering where the summer went and regretting not doing more. I question the direction of my life.
But then, the apples arrive!
Gorgeous red and green apples, both sweet and crisp, beckoning to be blended, baked, and enjoyed while leisurely walking past changing leaves. It’s a picturesque scene, and I love it.
To kick off apple season on a healthy note, I have a nutritious, low-calorie apple smoothie to celebrate the upcoming season.
This apple recipe is perfect for this moment. Similar to my favorite green Apple Avocado Smoothie, it’s cool and refreshing, ideal for a still-warm September day.
The flavor profile, however, is different. This vanilla apple smoothie has a warm and cozy spiciness that hints at autumn days (and fall desserts!) to come.
Apple kiwi smoothie
This kiwi smoothie recipe is ideal for a quick breakfast. It’s packed with nutrients from apples, bananas, and spinach, and it’s vegan and straightforward to make. Usually, I have mixed feelings about smoothies because of the added sugars and dairy, but this year, I’m starting off on a healthier note with this green Kiwi smoothie. It only contains fruit, unsweetened vegan milk, yogurt, and fresh spinach. I also appreciate how easy it is to prepare. It’s a perfect recipe for beginners and is a delicious low-sugar smoothie. You can add extra protein or fiber to enhance its health benefits if desired.
- 1 peeled banana
- 1 large green apple, cored and chopped (keep the skins for extra fiber)
- 3 kiwis, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup unsweetened yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups spinach
- Chop the fruits, including the kiwi, banana, and apple (no need to peel the apple, just core and chop it).
- Place all the chopped fruits into the blender.
- Blend the fruits until smooth.
- Add any liquid ingredients you desire and continue blending until well combined.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more ice or liquid according to your preference.
Apple kale smoothie
This quick and easy Kale Apple Smoothie is a healthy way to start your day. It’s banana-free for those who don’t like bananas.
This Kale Apple Smoothie is fresh, delicious, and packed with nutrients. It provides:
- 250% of your daily required Vitamin A.
- 273% of your daily needed Vitamin C.
- 62% of your calcium.
- 24% of your iron.
You can keep it low-calorie or add almond butter for healthy fats and protein. This will also make the smoothie creamier. While you can taste the kale in this recipe, the sweetness of the apple and a burst of fresh lemon help balance it out. If you prefer a creamier smoothie without a strong “green” taste, check out my green smoothie recipe.
I often receive requests for banana-free smoothies because there are many banana haters-out there. Even as someone who loves bananas, I agree that there are certain flavor combinations where they don’t work well.
Kale and apple are one of those combinations. Without a banana, the apple flavor shines through and reduces the strong taste of kale.
- 2 large kale leaves, washed and stems removed
- 1 large apple, cored (peeling is optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds (or whole flax seeds)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ medium lemon, juice only
- ¾ cup (180 ml) plant-based milk
- 5 ice cubes (optional for a colder and thicker smoothie)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional, but adds a great flavor)
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth using the smoothie setting on your Blendtec.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness by adding more maple syrup if desired.
- If you prefer a thinner consistency, add a bit of plant milk.
- Serve the smoothie immediately.
Apple orange smoothie
Apple orange smoothie- a refreshing, vitamin C-rich smoothie. Perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack. Made with 5 ingredients, this vegan smoothie takes only 10 minutes to make.
Smoothies are a great option for clean eating without sacrificing taste or spending too much time in the kitchen. Enjoy them anytime of day- for breakfast, as a snack, or as a replacement for caffeinated beverages. They always taste amazing.
Today, I’ll share the recipe for a refreshing apple orange smoothie. It’s vegan and made with just 5 ingredients. Ready in 10 minutes!
- 2.25 cups of frozen apple cubes
- 1 medium-sized orange
- 2 cups of unsweetened orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of agave syrup or any sweetener of your choice (adjust to taste)
- Start by peeling the orange.
- Remove the seeds and thick pith from the orange.
- Put the peeled orange into a blender.
- Blend the orange until smooth.
- Pour the blended orange into glasses.
- Enjoy the freshly blended orange immediately.
Green apple smoothie
Blend together spinach, apple, banana, pineapple, and lemon to create a delicious and nutritious smoothie packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. This gluten-free recipe yields one large smoothie, perfect for satisfying your cravings. To ensure a smooth texture, blend the greens (in this case, spinach) with some smoothie liquid (such as almond milk). This prevents any spinach leaves from floating around in your glass. Baby spinach is my preferred green for green smoothies due to its delicate flavor and lack of bitterness. Feel free to experiment with other greens, but I always choose spinach. The combination of slightly sweet and slightly tart flavors is delightful. The sweetness comes from the banana and honey, while the tartness is provided by the Granny Smith apple (with seeds and core removed but skin left on), pineapple, and lemon juice. It’s like enjoying candy in a healthier form.
- 1 cup of packed baby spinach
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened, plain almond milk or water, divided (plus more to thin if needed)
- 1 small frozen banana (or approximately 1/2 cup of frozen banana slices)
- 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple chunks (or substitute with mango, peaches, or more banana)
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh apple (about 1/2 an apple; Granny Smith Apple works well)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or other liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave), or adjust to taste
- Handful of ice cubes (optional)
- Optional add-ins: 1 teaspoon of chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds
- Place spinach and 1/2 cup of almond milk or water in a blender, food processor, or NutriBullet.
- Blend until smooth to ensure no spinach chunks remain.
- Add banana, pineapple or other fruit, apple, lemon, honey, 1/4 cup of remaining almond milk or water, and ice (and any additional ingredients like seeds).
- Blend until the mixture reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Serve the smoothie immediately.
Apple Avocado smoothie
It’s such a fabulous day! I have an incredible Apple Avocado Smoothie that will leave you feeling refreshed and radiant. This smoothie is made with avocado, apple, banana, ginger, and spinach, packed with fiber to make it a perfect breakfast and detox option. It’s filling and helps cleanse your system, thanks to the combination of spinach and apple, both high in fiber. If you’re looking to shed some pounds or keep the hanger at bay, this smoothie is perfect as it will save you fuller for longer. Adding fresh ginger aids digestion and adds a delightful, energizing kick to the smoothie. Lastly, the smooth and creamy texture comes from the star ingredient, avocado, which is satisfying and great for your skin, especially during the winter months. Enjoy this divine smoothie and embrace the glow it brings!
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach (about 2 large handfuls)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 medium apples (any kind you like), peel on, cored, and quartered (if not using a high-powered blender such as a Vitamix, cut into rough dice)
- 1 medium banana, sliced into chunks and frozen
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, plus additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/4-inch knob of fresh ginger (if not using a high-power blender, mince the ginger first; use less than 1/2 teaspoon if you’d like a more subtle taste. This smoothie has some zip!)
- A small handful of ice cubes
- Optional additions: chia seeds, flaxseed, protein powder, almond butter, or other nut butter of choice
To make a delicious smoothie, follow these steps:
- Add the following ingredients to a high-powered blender in the order listed:
- Almond milk
- Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness and spices according to your preference.
- Enjoy your smoothie immediately.
Apple Strawberry smoothie
Introducing the Creamy Strawberry Apple Smoothie, a delightful blend of milk, yogurt, honey, and fresh and frozen fruit. This refreshing smoothie puts a tasty spin on the classic strawberry version, making it an instant hit with the whole family!
If you’re anything like me, smoothies are a year-round treat. We can’t resist whipping up a smoothie or two every day. They’re healthy and delicious and packed with essential vitamins, calcium, and fiber. Plus, my kids adore them as a wholesome alternative to ice cream. It brings me joy knowing they choose a smoothie over ice cream!
I’ve experimented with countless smoothie combinations. You name it, and I’ve probably given it a try. However, one of my all-time favorite simple combos is the pairing of apple and strawberry.
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 apple, cored and peeled
- 1/2 cup of milk (any kind, we used low-fat)
- 1/2 cup of strawberry, vanilla, banana, or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of honey
This sugar-free smoothie is incredibly convenient to make. Just toss the ingredients into a blender and blend for a minute or two until it becomes smooth and creamy. Add all the fruits, milk, yogurt, and honey. Enjoy!
Apple Mango smoothie
Experience the delightful flavor of the king of all fruits in a mango apple smoothie. This fruity fusion is a delicious and refreshing blend of mango, apple, milk, and honey. The recipe incorporates milk to achieve a creamy texture, but you can substitute plain yogurt for a tangy twist that complements the sweetness of both fruits.
- 1 medium Apple
- 1 cup Ripe Mango Chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 cup Milk or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons Sugar or Honey
- 2 Ice Cubes
- Start by cutting the apple into slices and removing the core. If desired, peel the apple before cutting.
- Dice the apple into small pieces.
- Add the diced apple, mango, milk, ice cubes, and sugar in a blender jar.
- Blend until you achieve a smooth puree.
- Pour the prepared mango and apple smoothie into serving glasses.
- Serve and enjoy!
Apple Papaya smoothie
This delightful smoothie treats your taste buds, offering delicious flavors and a silky smooth texture. It’s a perfect choice for breakfast, providing nourishment and energy to keep you going throughout the day, especially for workaholics!
Regularly adding papaya to your diet comes with a wide range of health benefits. Known as the “fruit of the angels,” papaya is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants that help prevent cholesterol build-up in your arteries. As the saying goes, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” so I’ve included both fruits in this smoothie.
Here are some suggestions to make a perfect papaya apple smoothie:
- Opt for ripe papaya and royal gala apple to enhance the natural sweetness.
- Consider using fruit juices like oranges instead of milk.
- If you prefer a sweetener, you can use honey or any other substitute instead of Sugar.
- 1/2 large sized Papaya
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1/4 cup (optional) Chilled Milk
- To taste Sugar
- Wash the papaya.
- Peel the papaya.
- Deseed the papaya.
- Chop the papaya.
- Cut the apple into small pieces.
- Blend the chopped papaya, apple, yogurt, and Sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Check the thickness of the smoothie. If it’s too thick, add some chilled milk and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses.
- Serve immediately to enjoy all the vitamins and minerals.
Apple Guava smoothie
Indulge your little ones today with a treat they adore, as they bring immense joy into our lives. The Guava Apple Smoothie is a cherished favorite of my little boy. It combines the goodness of guava with the sweetness of apple, making it a delightful and nutritious choice. Fruits are known for their health benefits, providing a wealth of essential vitamins and minerals while bolstering the immune system. As the famous saying goes, “An Apple a day keeps the doctor away.” So, savor this delicious Guava Apple Smoothie today and have a fantastic day ahead.
- 1 chopped guava
- 1 peeled, cored, and chopped apple
- 2 cups of skimmed milk or low-fat milk (vegans can use almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Blend all the ingredients in your blender until they become smooth. After that, you can enjoy your drink!
Apple Spinach Detox smoothie
Get ready to refresh and rejuvenate with the delightful Spinach and Apple Detox Smoothie! This simple recipe combines the goodness of greens and the sweetness of apples to provide a nutritious and energizing drink.
Green smoothies blend leafy vegetables and fruits, providing essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients in one delicious beverage.
Detoxing becomes easier with green smoothies as they allow you to incorporate more greens into your diet. The fiber content in gardens aids digestion and helps eliminate toxins from your body.
The Spinach and Apple Detox Smoothie features the natural sweetness and tanginess of apples and the nutritional powerhouse of spinach. Spinach is packed with vitamins A, C, E, and K, iron, and calcium.
Green detox smoothies are an excellent choice for breakfast due to their quick and easy preparation. They also provide a fantastic energy boost to kickstart your day or serve as a healthy snack.
- 2–3 cups spinach (packed)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cored and cubed)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 dates
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- Squeeze of lemon
- Large handful of ice
- Place spinach, almond milk, and banana in a blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add apple, cucumber, dates, flax seeds, and lemon juice to the blender.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Add ice to the blender and blend for 30-60 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses.
- Top with your desired toppings.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for later enjoyment.
Apple Cucumber smoothie
Indulge in the delightful apple cucumber smoothie, perfect for a refreshing breakfast juice or a satisfying snack. With its simple recipe and minimal ingredients, this smoothie is bursting with the flavors of fruits and veggies. Try my apple and cucumber salad if you crave this delectable combination! For an additional sweet treat, explore my mango cucumber smoothie. Unlike many complex smoothie recipes that require hard-to-find or expensive ingredients, this straightforward apple and cucumber smoothie incorporates common fruits and pantry staples like hemp and chia seeds. It’s a quick, easy, and nutritious choice!
If you’re a fan of green smoothies, take advantage of my celery cucumber smoothie, a peach kale smoothie, and lychee pear smoothie for another occasion!
2 large red or green apples or 3 small apples
¼ English cucumber
1 tablespoon hulled hemp seeds
1 teaspoon chia seeds
½ tablespoon mint leaves
1 cup water or coconut water
ice to preference
- Prepare the smoothie ingredients by removing the cores from the apples and cutting them into chunks. Do the same with the cucumber and add both to your blender cup.
- Blend the apple cucumber smoothie for about 20-30 seconds until it reaches a desired consistency. If you prefer a colder smoothie, add some ice and blend again.