Zucchini, celery, and spinach in a smoothie? We know – it sounds odd. But trust us. They’re entirely undetectable as they add so much nutrition to this gorgeous blueberry smoothie. Let’s do this!
This 8-ingredient, 1-blender, 5-minute smoothie Begin with frozen ripe bananas and wild blueberries.
Next come celery to reduce inflammation and boost hydration , spinach for zinc and folate , as well as zucchini! The zucchini is what gives this smoothie its creamy texture. It also adds a lot of fiber , antioxidants , B vitamins , and vitamin C !
Next, add some hemp seeds for healthy fats , amino acids , and protein ; cinnamon for blood sugar stabilization and anti-inflammatory benefits ; and coconut milk for creaminess and antibacterial benefits.
Look at that color! Swoon.
We hope you LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
- Naturally sweet
- Loaded with vegetables
- Uber delicious
This would be ideal for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. Add any additional ingredients you choose for extra nutrition and taste. Cinnamon adds antioxidants and spice, which I adore. I also use maca for hormone balancing and feel-good sentiments.
If you like smoothies, try our Ginger Colada Green Smoothie, Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie, Ginger Berry Smoothie (banana-free! ), and Hide Your Kale Smoothie.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Course Beverage, Smoothie
Cuisine Gluten-Free, Vegan
Freezer Friendly Up to 1 Week
Does it keep? 1 Day
Cook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
- 1 huge ripe banana (peeled, cut, and frozen earlier)
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (preferably organic)
- 1 large stem celery
- 2/3 cup sliced zucchini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup greens (spinach preferred // organic where feasible)
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds (or sub vegan protein powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light coconut milk (homemade or store-bought // or water)
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder (optional // for mood and hormone balance)
- In a high-speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix on high until creamy and smooth. Taste and tweak the taste to your liking, adding more cinnamon for warmth/spiciness, banana for sweetness, or zucchini for creaminess.
- Divide into two serving glasses (or more, depending on batch size) and top with blueberries and hemp seeds (optional). Fresh is best. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 24 hours, covered.
*Nutrition information is a preliminary approximation based on the absence of optional components.
1 serving of Smoothie 218 calories 31.8 g carbohydrate, 6.3 g protein, and 10.1 g fat 6 g Saturated Fat 0 g trans fat 0 mg cholesterol Fiber content: 4.7 g Sugar content: 15.6 g